Friday, May 18, 2007

Today

I have continued to work with the books I mentioned the last time, and yesterday (or similar) I lended a great book at Kulturmagasinet An American Dilemma. The writer's Swedish and spent over ten years in the US during the 1930's-1940's. I find the book to be very good and reliable. The writer actually met with Martin Luther King in -64 when he visited the writer's home after his peace-prize in Sthlm. I also watched the whole I Have A Dream, which Emelie S-L suggested.

Yet, I only have some boring and basic connections to today in my head. Like look at the racism and the blacks situation/living standard in the US today. I have also thought about interviewing a neighbour who has worked in some "arbetsmarknadsråd" in Washington in the beginning of the 90's. Or maybe some stastical investigation concerning the masses' view of the blacks/immigrants. The problem with that is that it's in Sweden. Thus, I need furter suggestions from Trevor or Julia. I'd also like to know if we have to stick to this type of "format" while writing, or to which extent we can vary it.

Sabina

No comments: