Monday, May 7, 2007

Last week (18) Cuban missile crisis

Last week I just searched for useful information about my subject, and after a while I found some quite good information. According to one of my sources "http://library.thinkquest.org/11046/days/index.html", the Cuban missile crisis was the closest the world ever came to nuclear war, but thanks to the two men President John F. Kennedy and Preimer Nikita Khrushchev it never went trough completely.
This whole thing started because the Soviet Union was deperately behind the United States in the arms race, and they felt that they hade to do something do become as great as the United States. The United States had missiles that could strike the entire Soviet Union, and the Soviet Union only had missiles that were only powerful enough to be launched against Europe.
With this I just want to say that I have only searched for information this far.

/Sofia

No comments: