Monday, May 7, 2007

Reconstruction

I have had troubles finding a subject that interested me. Yet, I have chosen to stick with my civil rights movements (Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ray Charles), racial discrimination etc. in the US during this period of time.

I have found a lot of sources in the form of books in the library, I'm quite sure that the finding of sources won't be a problem within this subject. At the moment I'm using a book called An Illustrated History of the USA, where I'm writing about the first and boldest attempt to create racial justice and equality; the Reconstruction (after the assassination of Lincoln in 1856 concerning Johnson, the Southern states, the 13th and 14th amendment. The source is good, but pretty basic. I'll probably not look up another source, since my writings about the Reconstruction is more like a short description just to get a better understanding of the subject as a whole.

Any problems with anything? Tell me.
Sabina Pantzare

No comments: