Monday, May 7, 2007

Last week (18) The iron curtain.

Hola chicos!
Entschulding, I couldn't blog last week so I do it today instead (School). So, what did I do then? Well, as you probably know we didn't have any of those lessons last week, so I only started to read in the books I borrowed at Kulturis (Hjärnridån and one more I can not remember the title on). I haven't read so many new thing yet, but I have realized and also read that it was something more than just "propaganda". The iron curtain, the invisible boundary that separated Europe symbolically, ideologically and physically. And I have thought about it, we know that Soviet believed in communism during the Cold War, and the rest of the world was against it (capitalists) and I suppose that must have been one of the main reasons of this ridiculous thing to create. And as that shouldn't have been enough, it went as far to divide Germany into West and East - And the thing to separate the two pieces was a huge/tall wall.

Though, Soviet seemed to be the most "powerful" during this period of time. They had a political influence on most of the Eastern Europe (allied) and Central Europe. They influenced them with their communist rule.

I also begun to think about how to relate this to the world today, and will try to find something about how the social life in Europe was affected during this period of time. I mean, the world must have been affected by this invisible boundary and the concrete (konkreta) detail in Germany - The Berlin Wall.

And now I can honestly say that I haven't done so much more last week since we had some kind of holiday. So, better luck this week! Now I'm going to search some more facts on the internet.

Adíos / Emmelie Hammarstedt

No comments: